Sunday, October 17, 2010

pray for Darren

My cousin Darren was born mentally retarded.  He is 50 years old and has been a great joy to all our lives.  I would say he acts more like a 6 year old child.  He talks loud, loves to tease and be teased and is a messy eater but loves his food.

 He is fighting for his life right now because of MRSA.  Please put him on your prayer list at home and at your church.  

Here is an email from his sister that I think really drives the message home of how wonderful Darren is:
Darren has staph infection of the blood and pneumonia. He is fighting for his life!


This is what you maybe don't know! Darren is the life, youth and innocence that keep a bit of kid in all of us, especially Dad and I. He is always wonderful to be around, loves all who love him. Although we don't see each other as much as we should, Darren creates this incredible bond between us. He loves to eat, have fun, and yearns to see and greet any or all of us. "OH NO!!! Greg! Stacey! Uncle Jim! How are you?" If more people in this world could know a Darren and not take it for granted, it would be one amazing world.


Can any of you imagine a future without seeing or hearing him? I know I'm his sister and I cannot picture a life without him in it! Please pray or just take a moment to look back on the impression he has made on you. When I grow up I want to be like him!!!


Lisa

1 comment:

  1. Praying now...I really believe that God gives us those who see the world differently to open our eyes to whats really important in this life.

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear your ideas or comments!