Friday, February 27, 2009
Monday, February 23, 2009
Sunday, February 22, 2009
Monday, February 16, 2009
Friday, February 13, 2009
Well, I just found out a few days ago that my step-daughter Brandi is 6 weeks pregnant.
She came to be my daughter at the age of 5. I always wanted her & her little brother to feel like they were loved by me as though they were my own. They lived with us and I spent a great deal of time with all my kids as my husband worked 2nd shift and was gone from 3-midnight. I felt I did a great job of "mothering" up until they became teenagers. Then the tables turned and things did not work out quite like I dreamed they would. I was a step child too and I know what kind of things really hurt you to the soul. I never wanted that feeling for them. I hope that they do not have that but I am not close with Brandi and I hope that can & will change. Our relationship fell apart when she was 15. Of course it doesn't help that her own mother was never too bright with what she said or did for her children. She was not very supportive of my husband & I when it came to parenting issues. I don't think I'll ever understand the human nature of NOT wanting someone else to love your children. I am excited to have a 2nd chance now with the little one on the way. I don't know what kind of life he/she will have but I plan to be a positive influence for him/her & a Grandma they will never have a doubt about when it comes to love!! YYYYYYY
Just my thoughts for today! 13 days no sugar & a future grandma! :)
Tuesday, February 10, 2009
Today I am off work. I still have to go in for a meeting so I'm taking my 9 year old cat with me. He is a total fatty. I hope he does not end up diabetic. He is getting his 6 month exam today with shots and yearly bloodwork so I'll know soon if he has any health issues besides his weight. Then I guess I'll run a couple of errands. Feeling down lately...maybe lack of sugar? Doubt it! Probably just family issues.... wish my 2 older kids could get it together. Nothing could surprise me now....I'm just thankful that at least the youngest is doing well and maturing. We thought he would be the one to worry about. Boy, were we ever wrong!
I made more PMC charms last night. I have not fired them yet. I'll post pictures when they are done.
Sunday, February 8, 2009
1. finding my voice- I often feel like I have so much to offer but I'm not finding the right medium to express my thoughts or convey my message.
2. excessive worry- mostly over my (adult) kids. I try to turn it all over to God but then they do something totally stupid and the worrying starts all over again!
3. My weight- I have not weighed since I stopped the sugar EIGHT days ago now! I've been doing good! I have been trying to be more active & today I tried a veggie burger for the 1st time. It was really good too. Seems like when I hit 30 everything I ate started staying with me....
4. getting annoyed over stupid little things- I don't know why I start feeling so crabby about the tiniest things sometimes. I have to really try to keep the focus on my thoughts that what I'm feeling irritated about is really NOT THAT BIG A DEAL! Maybe it's an early sign of menopause or something?? I don't know but some days are tough to smile through!
5. Getting enough sleep- Even when I have no caffeine I don't seem to be able to sleep much. I wake up for all kinds of reasons. Sometimes they are not my fault- dog (wants on the bed, off the bed, outside, etc.), husband (snoring, moving around too much, keeping TV on until he falls asleep and then it wakes me up...), kids coming or going in middle of night (which makes the door alarm go "beep-beep" until I get up and shut it off!) I just would like to be comfortable & sleep!!
6. House-hold chores- I don't even want to do them. I have to MAKE myself. I think that is why I like to have company...it motivates me to clean! ;)
7. Creativeness- I have sooooo many ideas that just swirl in my mind of "art" to make. I don't seem to have the time to get to accomplish much of them and then when I do create something, what do I do with it?! I have years worth of created "art" stored away and lots of 1/2 finished projects.
8. Not wanting to go to work: I love my "work" but I really do get too tired of so much. It's hard to describe, without going into all the details. That could be another list of 10 (or more!) for sure!! I am thankful I have a job....
9. Getting my butt to church- I really love my church. I get so much from the sermons, yet Sunday mornings seem to be the hardest day for me to "get going". I piddle too much and time gets away from me or I just feel way to sleepy so I dose off and on until the time is too late.
10. Saving money- you know this had to make the list. Seems like anytime you get the least little bit put back it's needed for something.