Monday, November 8, 2010

Ideas for home decor

Love this idea in Pottery Barn of using an old ladder suspended from the ceiling done up with  Christmas decor .


This one is too darn cute!  Who would of thought of making a sock monkey trophy deer?! Love it!


These are streamers made of book pages sewn together.  Great idea!


Mason jars hanging from a tree branch (suspended from the ceiling)with pages of an old book & sticks in each jar.


Same jars but closer look of stick and cut out corrugated leaves and cut out copper sheeting leaves-Colorful & Pretty

I'm fortunate enough to live by the Country Club Plaza in Kansas City, Missouri, USA.  Unfortunately, I can't really afford to buy many of the things that sell there... but I still enjoy going and looking around & "window" shopping.  After Thanksgiving all the windows will be decorated for Christmas and it's a real treat to see what all they do for a Holiday display.

I wanted to take photos in this one store (I won't mention the name) but the ladies that worked  there gave me and my friend that same look that Julia Roberts got when she walked into that shop on Rodeo Drive- you know the scene from Pretty Woman?  I must of looked too poor to stand outside and even window shop so how dare I actually enter the store.   I didn't want to whip out my camera under those conditions but maybe I should have anyway~  Kudos to them as they really had a very nicely decorated store with a mix of antique and modern decor.  Maybe next time I won't feel so intimadated?

However, nothing they had beats the Sock Monkey Deer!  That was the Anthropologie Store.  Exceptional handcrafted decorations all over this store!  Maybe you will get some ideas for your home from some of my photos.


No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear your ideas or comments!