Friday, September 4, 2009

Just something I made

I love Cathe Holden's blog Just Something I Made. It's "The Creative & Inspirational Journal of Cathe Holden". I don't know where she finds the time (or the energy) but I love her post. Today she posted some group photos. She always shares her work with her blog followers so I thought I would try to make something with one of the photos from today's post. This is the result. My type doesn't show up as well as I'd like but I didn't want to use a bold color like red or blue. If I could remember how to do the shadowing of the letters then I think it would stand out better....but my memory fails me. Anyway, it was a fun process and I'm so lucky to be so inspired by such artistic blogger friends!


With the invention of blogs, I can look at the creative processes of women from all over the world without ever leaving my home. I see the art and think, "Wow! I wish I had thought of that, what a great idea!". It will often get my creative energy flowing and it really does help relieve the stresses of life to relax and enjoy other peoples artwork or to carve out enough time to make my own. I thought of all you artist when I read an entry in Our Daily Bread by Dennis Fisher. "Sometimes we use the word giant to honor ordinary-size people who have done extraordinary things. One example is the 17th century physicist Sir Isaac Newton. A committed Christian, he credited his success to other "giants" who had gone before. "If I have seen a little further," he said, "it is by standing on the shoulders of giants." What a great quote! I will have to make a charm using it. I can't help but feel that if I ever have any future with my art it will be because of the Grace of God and the rest of you, my giants, who I find so inspiring.

1 comment:

  1. I LOVE what you did with that photo, but I HATE that I didn't think of it first! LOL

    Thank you for your kind words and for linking!

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear your ideas or comments!