Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Peonies

My Grandma gave me these a few years before she passed away.  She said they have been in her family for 65 years.  I planted about 12 plants.  The first year my husband sprayed them with ant killer not knowing that the ants are the only reason the flower blooms.  After waiting a few years for them to recover from that,  I now have several beautiful peony bushes.  I would guess that they have been in my family 70 years now.  At least I didn't totally kill them off!  :)

1 comment:

  1. Hi Stacey,
    Peonies are beautiful flowers. It is wonderful that you have managed to keep a peony plant in your family for 70 years!:)
    I did not realise that they relied on ants to bloom, that is quite amazing.
    I hope you are well and life is good!:)

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear your ideas or comments!