Thursday, July 9, 2009

Inspired

I was so inspired by the artist in my last blog that I created my first ever collage. It also helped that I got to have an unexpected day off yesterday and was able to attend a rare Wednesday auction with my sister Shannon! Loved the day! I found a couple of wonderful old books that I wanted to try to use in collages.
One of the books is 1880's and is in mint condition so I don't think I can cut it up. It is really beautiful.
Here is a photo of the cover. It is all in German and a hymnal. Very pretty. If my scanner worked right now I would scan in the most beautiful handwriting I have ever seen. It is on a letter that was left inside this book.
I got a set of pastels for 10 cents at a garage sale about 4 weeks ago so this is my first pastel work. It is actually my 2nd dog. I need to practice a bit. The first 2 I drew looked like scary monsters instead of sweet dogs. My first pastel dog looks alittle silly but I may still use him in a collage.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear your ideas or comments!