Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Another snow storm! I'm soooo bored!!!

I knew I couldn't NOT make something, especially since it's too cold to do much else!  I got a catalog in the mail and it was full of wonderful jewelry and clothing and handbags, I'm drooling just thinking about everything I wanted.  Their prices were a bit high on most things.  They had these really neat earrings that they called the "Spiral of Life".  I thought, I bet I could make those.  So I did.  The one on the left turned out better than the right one but still not to bad for my first try.  (sorry for the poor photo quality, I didn't have my good camera tonight) I used sterling wire and I hammered them just a bit in the center like they showed in the book.  I struggled with getting the exact match on roundness but then after the fact watched a couple of youtube videos and discovered how to make that easier.  Here is a simple video on wire spiraling.

2 comments:

  1. Crafting is a great solution to keeping busy during a snow storm! They look good!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Stacey
    oh my you did a great job with the ear-rings...you are too hard on yourself...may give that design a go myself...oh thanks for the comments on my humble jewelery attempts too
    hugs
    Annette In Oz

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear your ideas or comments!