Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Busy, Busy, Busy

I have really been running out of time these past few days. Have you ever looked up the definition for the word time? It's pretty neat.

Time n. 1 every moment there has ever been or ever will be

Of course, the definition goes on and on but I think that is a pretty amazing description, and it's my favorite of the list of possibilities. We should value our "moments" a little more preciously and really enjoy life to the fullest.

I really enjoy reading every one's blogs. I have several favorites and that takes some major computer time. I really find so much inspiration in all of them. Some inspire me to be more spiritual and others to cherish my family more and then there are so many that make me just want to make things and be all crafty.... oh! I can't forget about the blogs that make me want to grab my camera and just shoot away!
I splurged last Friday (payday) and bought this book. I have spent alot of time reading it from cover to cover. Then I spent time ordering some supplies off the internet. I highly recommend it! There are so many great directions on how to make some really fantastic jewelry. I already ordered some Apoxie Sculpt to play with. It arrived today. It's a clay that requires no kiln or baking and it was very inexpensive. I found out that I have gall stones and will be having surgery on the 19th so I took that week off of work. I will have a large amount of time to myself so I'm going to make up some "stuff" if I feel up to it and then try to get an Etsy site up and running. I don't know if I'll get that much done but that is the plan for now. It's something I've wanted to do for a long time now. I've been kinda chicken and Karri from the Daily Be is helping me to jump in, she did just that with Etsy and I find that very inspiring.

Over the weekend I drove and hour away and took some senior pictures for a very nice young man. He wants to be a doctor someday and he has a really great personality and it shows in his photos. What fun!


Taking senior pictures is something I really enjoy doing. It's very time consuming as the shoot will usually take a minimum of an hour or two plus drive time, then editing. I really like how much I can bond with the kids and they relax around me. That makes me feel really great. When I first start the shoot off they are nervous and tense and then at some point they just really get into it and start directing what they want to do next and being themselves. It's fun to see them come out of their shells and it makes the pictures turn out really nice. Tomorrow I am doing a photo shoot of a 2 year old. Wish me luck on that! They are tough to capture.

I also missed some work today to go to my step daughter's ultra sound appointment. It was really worth it and a moment well spent. She is going to have a boy. I think I will really enjoy
my time as Grandma Stacey. He's not due till October but I'm looking forward to having a little one around once in a while. I'm sure I'll end up babysitting often and I'm also sure he will be photographed so much he will grow up knowing all about posing!! ;)
Enjoy your time, your moments this week!

4 comments:

  1. Wow - I love looking at ultrasounds it's like we get a sneaky peek at the miracle actually forming

    Nicola xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I sure hope to see some you on etsy soon!! I am serious about being your first customer! Congratulations on the coming little one - new life is such a miracle and reminds us to really enjoy this adventure called life.

    ReplyDelete
  3. congrats!!!!! I told you she was going to have a boy, You will be a great grandma! love ya, your biggest fan.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for stopping by my blog. You do sound busy, busy. I hope your surgery goes well and that you're feeling up to being crafty. I'll look forward to seeing you on Etsy!

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear your ideas or comments!