Saturday, May 2, 2009

Feeling crafty.......

I went to Westin, MO with a group of girls again yesterday. It's such a quaint little town. There are many unusual shops and the owners are all so very nice. It was very inspiring to say the least! First, there is the Old Geezer's Mantiques & I found some wonderful old watches and coins that I plan to use in making jewelry or charms. Then we almost passed up Pacific Breeze because we thought it looked "expensive". It was the coolest store ever! A really super nice lady from Taiwan owns it. She and her sister make almost everything in the store., including a gorgeous panel of store curtains that were hand-painted by her sister. I would love to have a store like that. They have some amazing clothes, purses, shoes, jewelry and "what-nots". I bought a bandanna that was hand blocked by them and plan to wear it today with a black T. There is a Celtic store that is somewhat expensive but they carry some very beautiful things. I especially liked the camera store. Vintage cameras from all eras and hundreds of old music sheets that are so artistically done. I plan to go back when our basement is finished and pick out a couple of nice ones to frame above our piano. He also had just hundreds of hold photos that were taken in the KCMO area around the early 1900's. Most of them were from an old theatre so there is some really neat movie star shots and the dresses are lovely. He followed me around the store like he thought I might steal something (and everything in there was huge so I don't know how anyone would) or else he was just a lonely store owner- who knows- but that was my only complaint of the day. I'm done gathering "stuff" and ready to make something with all my finds. I'll be sure and post whatever I may come up with so stay tuned!

2 comments:

  1. Sounds like a wonderful shopping trip, that Pacific Breeze store would be my idea of perfection :)
    Nic xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for your kind comments about my etsy site! It was very easy to set up, my only challenge was the banner at the top, which needed photoshop to make, but you already know photoshop, so you're set! Let me know if you start a page, I'll be your first customer!

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear your ideas or comments!