Monday, January 12, 2009

Frican Elephant

(Most recent charm I made.)



" A f r i c a n Elephant "


I love getting those really cute emails that you just have to share with others.


From the Diary of a Pre-School Teacher...
My five-year old students are learning to read.
Yesterday one of them pointed at a picture in a zoo book and said, "Look at this! It's a frickin' elephant!"I took a deep breath and asked..."What did you call it?""It's a frickin' elephant! It says so on the picture!"
And so it does... " A f r i c a n Elephant "
Hooked on phonics! Ain't it wonderful.


Anyway, that was cute and I thought that "frican" elephant was appropriate for today.


I just don't know what I want to do with my life. I feel so restless & unappreciated. I've been doing my job for so many years now that I don't know what to strive for. I feel sometimes that I'm that elephant in the room being ignored. (That's an English saying for an obvious truth that is being ignored or goes unaddressed.) The truth is I just don't feel like I'm on the same page as everyone else & I wonder how things can get so out of hand. People can be so mean. I just can't believe some of the things they will do to one another. I don't know if I believe my role there has any value anymore. I mean I value myself and I believe that I try to be fair and honest and have integrity in all matters & I think I do a really good job and could do a really amazing job (and have) but just not under these circumstances. Under these circumstances I feel ignored, I feel restless, cheated and in a way I feel kinda trapped. Maybe it's just my feeling today but I wish I had a few more options. I wish I would of gotten that BA and opened up the door to more opportunities in my field. I know it's not too late but financially it's not very feasible and so it goes. I will keep my eyes and ears open and take it a day at a time and maybe something will present itself to me. In the meantime, I'll keep crafting (it keeps me dreaming), enjoying my family, friends, my little Valentine (they keep me sane) and have a few deep conversations with God about all of the above. (He keeps me uplifted.)

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear your ideas or comments!