Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Zumba


I take Zumba classes. I find them very hard, but very fun. I only go twice a week but one of the main reasons I love to go is my instructor. I don't know if I have ever met anyone like her. She is always smiling and cute and sometimes silly. You can just tell she is very caring and loves people and loves to dance. Her mom recently died of cancer. Before her mom died she shared alittle with the class about how she spent time with her mom each week and that her mom was dying and if one day she wasn't there to teach then that would be why and to not be sad because her & her mom talked about it and they were okay. It just really touched me. I wish I could be more like her. I don't know much about her because there is never time for chit chat. She has classes before and after mine but I can just tell that she is an awesome human being and I really admire her spirit. And Zumba really is fun stuff. In Zumba you have to wiggle your butt pretty often. I've been going for over a year now so my butt will actually wiggle now (but not as good as most!)but it's pretty funny to try to get your body to do some of those moves when you are not used to them. I have never been a dancer and would not say now that I am either- it's more exercise to me- I get tired just trying to keep up! My instructor says, "If you don't use it you lose it!" I believe that. When I first tried to wiggle my butt it actually hurt my knees! ha One of the first lessons is to do a "football run" then plant your feet but keep moving your butt. Try it! It's pretty funny to watch the 1st timers try to do some of the moves and I'm sure they get a big kick out of watching us "old" timers too. There is one older lady in class and she is really fun to watch. She totally gets into the dancing and makes faces & has some of her own moves. Makes me smile and I hope to be so bold in 15 to 20 years. She has to be some retired Vegas showgirl or something. Anyway, it's amazing how people can be such a small part of your life and make such a big difference. We just never know who, or how we may touch someone. I recommend you go out and take a Zumba class. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear your ideas or comments!